Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tax Hell

I'm sure nearly everyone in the States is breathing a sigh of relief that April 17 is behind them. Why does the government make us do this every single damn year? Big Brother probably knows more about our finances than we do. Why doesn't the IRS stop pretend it needs us to send in all this paperwork? Just automatically withdraw the measly $3 I owe the state, and deposit the $14 the federal government owes me! Then I can buy my next two grande lattes at Starbucks knowing I'm only spending my tax refund money...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of those procrasinators that does everything at the last possible minute. so anyway I was on my computer filling away on turbo tax and it took me a while to fill out all the various forms because I had to fill-out two state and one federal. And boom their server went down or so it seemed to me because of all the others trying desperatly to file their taxes before the deadline. Oh my, it was pain to redo all that work and have it take another hour to get confirmaiton. pheew I am glad that is past me now and I know exactly what you mean about uncle sam pretending to need us to tell him how much we make...puhleas

ps..sorry for the rant dear i am in a shitty mood ;(

Flower.of.Chaos said...

Does this mean you guys dont get tax deducted from your pay EVERY MONTH?

euhippus said...

We do, FOC. But then you still have to file an income tax return every year, and usually they don't take quite the right amount, so headaches ensue.

Nahja, that sounds particularly painful. The software should let you back up your data on a local drive or something.